Shane Long's rules to recovery
Recovery after 90-minutes is an important part of modern day football.
With teams often playing twice a week, effective rest and recuperation can be the difference between carrying your form into the next game and burning out.
But just because you’re not a professional footballer, it doesn’t mean your post-match rituals should be any different.
In this video, Hull City and Republic of Ireland forward Shane Long talks us through his recovery routine and the reasons behind each component.
Shane wears Puma’s v1.11 boot. See prodirectsoccer.com/@pumafootball
Shane Long: Outfox your marker
Shane Long: Build lung-busting endurance
Shane Long: Lead the line
Shane Long: Summer workout
Shane Long: Overcome an early bone cruncher
Shane Long: Leading from the front
Must see stories in this section
- Build explosive change of direction
- Off-season training for goalkeepers
- Prepare your body for playing in the heat
- How to combat the heat
- The effects of playing in heat and humidity explained
- Boss the penalty box
- Prepare your team for a tournament
- Power of Pilates: Part four