Franco Baresi on handling different opponents
In a 20-year playing career spent at the highest level, AC Milan legend Franco Baresi has come across forwards of all guises.
From false ‘9’s to old-fashioned ones, there’s not a striker that Baresi has not rubbed – maybe even bumped – shoulders with. With six league titles, three Champions League and a World Cup winners medal to his name, it’s safe to say he dealt with his opponents successfully.
In the video above, Baresi talks about how you must first workout what type of player you are up against before you can think about dealing with them.
Franco Baresi: How to defend like a master
Franco Baresi: How to use your head
Franco Baresi: Defending masterclass
Franco Baresi's guide to tackling
Must see stories in this section
- How to build team spirit
- Vincent Kompany: Lead your team
- FourFourTwo trains with the Nike Academy
- Block out the sun
- Roberto Carlos: Play like a Brazilian full-back
- Get the better of a pacy defender
- Asmir Begovic: How to save penalties
- How to play your cup final day