Shane Long: Outfox your marker
Sometimes it’s not just about being a better footballer than your opponent. If the player marking you knows he’s not going to beat you in a fair fight, then he’ll feel inclined to get an advantage any way he can.
Whether that’s treading on your toes, pulling your shirt or simply man-handling you, you’ll need to make sure he doesn’t get away with his underhanded tactics.
In this video, Shane Long tells FFT that you need to be a bit cute in situations like this and make sure the referee can see exactly what is going on.
Shane wears Puma’s v1.11 boot. See prodirectsoccer.com/@pumafootball
Shane Long: Build lung-busting endurance
Shane Long's rules to recovery
Shane Long: Lead the line
Shane Long: Summer workout
Shane Long: Overcome an early bone cruncher
Shane Long: Leading from the front
Must see stories in this section
- Play like a Playstation player
- Raheem Sterling: Run your marker ragged
- Become a true visionary
- Get better with your feet, using your thumbs
- What your game can learn from… The NFL
- Performance Lab: Alexis Sanchez
- All aboard the victory bus…
- Radamel Falcao: How to be a penalty-box predator