Iain Dowie: Creating in the final third
Football is about making the most of your ventures into the final third, yet often many teams find it difficult to make their visits into the opposition's half count.
As a man who spent the majority of his playing career in enemy territory for the likes of Luton, West Ham, Southampton, QPR and Northern Ireland, Iain Dowie understands the importance of making the right decisions at the business end of the pitch.
Here he is talking about how movement and patience are the key to creating chances and, ultimately, scoring goals.
The Freeradio Grass Roots Football Show is the biggest grass roots football event in Europe. For more information on this year’s event at the Birmingham NEC on May 25-27 visit www.grassrootsfootball.co.uk
Iain Dowie: Defending with 10 men
Playing as a target man
Iain Dowie: Building a good vocal unit
How to zonal mark from a corner
Positive mental attitude
Must see stories in this section
- How to play the pressing game
- Full-backs and wingers: Forge a menacing partnership
- Gary Neville: How to defend against the long ball
- Nullify the threat of an attacking full-back
- Full-backs: How to defend against a 4-3-3
- Stuart Pearce: How to defend from the front
- Match them tactically
- How to explain tactics