Play like Real Madrid: Counter-attack
Counter-attack like Ronaldo, Marcelo and Kaka with this drill from Coerver Coaching
SetupMark out an area measuring 15 x 40 yards, comprising two shooting zones of 15 x 5 yards and a middle zone of 15 x 30 yards with a small goal at each end.
DrillIt’s three vs three and the aim is to score goals. The practice starts with the team in white bibs attacking the black team’s goal. Goals can only be scored from inside the scoring zone. Only one player from each team can enter the scoring zone. Once the white team’s player has shot, he has to run around the goal. This is the trigger for the players in black to break out and counter-attack the whites’ goals – creating a three-on-two situation. Use the extra man.
For more technical advice visit Coerver Coaching on YouTube. For more drills and games from Alf Galustian visit Soccer Session Planner.
Fancy creating your own 3D drills using the TactX software? Click here to find out more.
Play like Real Madrid: Play from the wings
Play like Real Madrid: Pass and move
Must see stories in this section
- Score more goals in 5 days
- Alex Morgan: Train yourself two-footed
- Wayne Rooney's shooting drill
- Fred: Become a penalty box assassin
- How to play possession football
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's guide to finishing
- Lucas Moura: Dribble the Brazilian way
- Think outside the 18-yard box