Take control of the game
Want to upgrade your reaction speed and put the ball under your spell? We've got just the drill
THE SET-UPMark out an area measuring 18 x 20 yards and divide it into three zones of 6 x 20 yards each. Two sets of four players start the drill in opposing end zones.
THE DRILLThe coach starts the drill by tossing the ball up in the air to a player in one of the end zones. The player has to control the ball, keeping it airborne, either by juggling or passing to a team-mate. The ball must not touch the ground. Three different players must touch the ball before it can be struck over the central zone to the other end zone. A team loses a point if the ball bounces on their side or their delivery fails to make it over the central zone.
HOW THIS HELPSThe dynamics of this drill require players to act fast and control the ball under pressure with different parts of the body.
Hit the target every time
Finish at speed
Develop a deft first touch
Must see stories in this section
- Score more goals in 5 days
- Alex Morgan: Train yourself two-footed
- Wayne Rooney's shooting drill
- Fred: Become a penalty box assassin
- How to play possession football
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's guide to finishing
- Lucas Moura: Dribble the Brazilian way
- Think outside the 18-yard box